Connect with the Tug

Local Places of Interest

Many of our guests travel great distances to come to the Cub Tug. Here are a few attractions, all in or within a short drive of Somerset, that you and your family can enjoy if you decide to come early or stay late.



  • Strong & Co Restaurant
    Public Square
  • Clay Haus
    The Finest in German and American Cuisine
    123 West Main St.
  • Montell's Pizza
  • (carry out only)
    119 E Main St.
  • Nick's Pizza
    (carry out only)
    107 N. Columbus St
  • Pam's Somerset Refresher
    Soft Serve and Hand dipped ice cream
    93 St Patrick's Dr. (just off of South Columbus St)
  • Snack Bar
    Monday-Saturday 6-2
    Public Square
  • Subway
    Public Square
  • Taco Bell
    110 N. Columbus St

Round Barns

  • The Old Gilmore Barn
    Owned by Mr. Robert Meutzel, built in 1917 and rebuilt after a fire in 1932.
    Located near New Reading on Reading Twp. Rd. 136.
  • The Old Mott Thomas Barn
    Owned by the John McGaughey family, built in 1908.
    Located on Jackson Twp. Rd. 94-A.
    Viewable from St. Rt. 37, 1 mile east of Junction City.
  • The Old E. G. Melick Barn
    Built in 1927.
    Located on Madison Twp. Rd 95, 1/2 mile north of U.S. Rt. 22 and six miles east of Somerset, near Sego.
  • The Old August Dornbirer Barn
    Still owned by the Dornbirer family
    Located off St. Rt. 204 west of Glenford.
    Not visible from the road.

Covered Bridges

  • South Covered Bridge on Gower Road
    58' multiple kingpost bridge built in 1883.
    Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
  • Hopewell Church Covered Bridge on Cooperrider Road
    55' multiple kingpost bridge built in 1874.
  • Jacks Hollow Bridge on Madison Twp. Rd. 108
    60' multiple kingpost bridge built in 1879.
  • Ruffner-Moore Bridge
    78' multiple kingpost bridge built in 1875 on Gun Barrel Rd. in Fairfield County. Moved to it's present location in 1986.
    Located on the Moore Farm 10374 St. Rt. 13.
    Private property; please request permission prior to visiting the bridge.
  • Bowman Mill-Readington Bridge
    82' multiple kingpost bridge built in 1859. Moved to it's current location in 1987.
    Located on the Perry County Fairgrounds, St. Rt. 37, E. New Lexington.
    Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.

Pottery and Antiques

  • Longaberger Homestead
    5563 Raiders Rd, Frazeysburg
  • Beaumont Brothers Pottery
    410 Keystone St, Crooksville
  • Heritage Stoneware 50 China St, Crooksville
  • Burley Clay Products
    455 Gordon St, Roseville
  • National Ceramic Museum and Heritage Center
    7327 Ceramic Rd, Roseville
  • Zanesville Pottery
    7395 E Pike, Zanesville
    (800) 860-6456
  • Hartstone Pottery
    1719 Dearborn St, Zanesville
  • Ohio Stoneware
    1107 Muskingum Ave, Zanesville
  • Olde Towne Antique Mall
    527 Main St, Zanesville
  • Fioriware Pottery
    333 Market St, Zanesville, OH
  • Ohio Pottery-Zanesville
    152 Off of 1-70, Zanesville
  • Ohio Pottery 8540 E Pike, Norwich


State Parks

About Somerset

Somerset is a village of about 1,500 located in Perry County, Ohio. Established in 1807, Somerset is surrounded by Ohio history. It is located on Zane's Trace, midway between Lancaster and Zanesville, Ohio. Somerset is located approximately 50 miles east of Columbus. (Wikipedia)